Monday, July 10, 2006

Life is full of surprises

I cannot believe that I have not posted to this blog since January! I mean this is unbelievable. I have no excuse. After all my last post was on busyness.....I mean I have been busy. Anyone that has four children, a husband (with an erratic schedule) and works full time is bound to be busy. Add to the mix we had our oldest graduate in May from high school and oh did I mention that we have one going into high school in August, two still in middle school, and oh yes the graduate will be a freshmen in college. Our daughter will be 13 in April. It will be official....we will have four teenagers!

Many who know me laugh at my over excitement at times and my harried nature. Just over five years ago I was a 'busy' single mom of a 12 year old son. I 'thought' I was busy! What a sense of humor our Lord has! He knew that He was preparing me for my new life that was around the corner. The last five years have been the most wonderful of my life and yet some of the most difficult. It is hard suddenly being a wife after ten years of being alone. It is even harder becoming a mom to four children overnight. I will tell you this....life is full of surprises...I cannot imagine my life without these precious four Texans in it! My joy has truly been made full and the Lord has restored what the locust had eaten. He gave me a Godly husband that truly loves me as Christ loves the church which is just exactly what I prayed for the entire nine and one half years I was single again. He also brought into my life three children that I cannot imagine not being my very own flesh and blood. They lost their mom to cancer when they were only toddlers. All the years I was single again I prayed for the man the Lord had for me. I prayed for his circumstances and whatever surrounded his delay into my life. I prayed that if he had children that I would be able to love them as my very own. I specifically prayed for children that would need a mom to love them and care for them. The Lord answered my prayers as specifically as I prayed and even more so. He is a loving God that has our whole entire lives planned. Yes, life is full of surprises. I can't wait to see how long it will take me to update this blog. I am hoping to tomorrow but if not....it will be soon and I am sure I will have more to ramble on about. This one thing is true.....I am blessed beyond my wildest expectations or imagination.
Until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home