Saturday, August 05, 2006

Times a changin'!

Wow the last few weeks since I posted anything have flown by! I can't believe it has been almost a month. Kudos to all of you that have time to post something everyday. It has been a whirlwind around here. First, took time to take my daughter on a little mountain excursion. We visited friends in Denver and could not even escape the heat of Oklahoma! We did however have a little reprieve in Red River, New Mexico. The evening we arrived it was 59 degrees!!!! Thank you Lord!!! We had two great days there and then traveled up to Denver. God is SO faithful and good. We really enjoyed our time together. She has three older brothers and it gets a little hard on her at times. For those of you that have teenage boys you know what I mean. Three of them are SO close in age. It was incredible that last year we had three middle schoolers; 6th, 7th, and an 8th grader! This year time is changing...we will have a freshman in College; a freshman in High School, an 8th grader, and a seventh grader! WHEW! This is going to be an incredible year!

I am currently trying to ready myself for my oldest to go to college. He is not even home right now. He has been gone all summer working at his grandparents farm. I saw him on my birthday and that is it since graduation. He is earning money for school. He will be home this week in a whirlwind only for us to pack him up to move into the dorm.

This week the two younger ones will pick up their schedules at school. So we begin another year of gnashing of teeth about their lack of friends on their 'team' at school. We usually have the kids split into three or four teams. This is who they have their class rotations with....some years good....some years not so good. I have been praying for a good year!

Next week I will be at Parent Orientation at the university all day and then Parent Orientation at the high school that evening! Thankfully I have a Palm to keep everything and everybody straight.

My husband this week also changes his schedule at work. He is in law enforcement. This last schedule has been brutal to family life. He has missed so much and I have MISSED him!!! So much changing that my head is spinning right now.

Me, I am just trying to make sense of it all. The children are no longer 'children' they are young teen/adults. Thankfully they still listen to us...even if they try to act like they are not. I am so grateful that they all love the Lord.

So much to be thankful for this week even when plans change and we ended up not having our vacation with family in Texas. God had other plans. The vacation we have been having here at home this weekend with Daddy has been needed and well deserved.

Time changes so fast. Hang on to your little ones as long as you can. In a blink of an eye they are grown!!
Praising Him in ALL things,
Vickie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home